BIOMagic™ is a broad-spectrum, multispecies probiotic formulation providing 7 well-documented species that may help support gastrointestinal and immune health, without prebiotics or polysaccharides for those with carbohydrate sensitivities or restrictions. This synergistic probiotic supplement delivers 750 million CFUs (colony forming units) of beneficial microorganisms per capsule to help establish and maintain a balanced, healthy intestinal microflora.
BIOMagic™ probiotic combines multiple species, from both Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium genera, in order to provide more comprehensive support for the complex microbiome of the human gut than typical single-species products. Each species occupies a specific niche with some preferring conditions in the small intestine while others may thrive in the colon, genitourinary tract, or elsewhere in the body.
Unlike many probiotics, this formula does not contain Streptococcus thermophilus or Lactobacillus bulgaricus, strains known for use as yogurt culture starters and known to upset sensitive digestive systems.
Instead, BIOMagic™ includes Lactobacillus plantarum, a species that may help support healthy mucosal cells in the genitourinary tract and oral health, and Bifidobacterium infantis, a natural resident of the human intestinal tract that may be especially important for supporting digestive comfort and immune health.
It is sometimes said that immune health begins in the gut. Special tissues in the gut make up more than 60% of the body’s overall immune support. The 7 species of probiotics in BIOMagic™ produce lactic acid, hydrogen peroxide, and other fermentation products that may help support the body’s natural defences against harmful bacteria, yeast and viruses. These probiotic species may also help support the immune system by competing with unwanted or harmful bacteria for nutrients and space for colonisation. They also produce short-chain fatty acids (acetate, propionate, and butyrate) that help provide nourishment for cells in the colon.*
Which Strains Are Included? – The formula contains Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium bifidum, bacteria found naturally in the human intestine. They are complimented by 5 additional bacterial strains – L. rhamnosus, B. longum, B. infantis, B. adolescentis, L. plantarum all known to be compatible with people who have sensitive digestive systems and histamine issues.
Do The Strains Work Together? – The strains included in Probiotic Plus are thought to grow together synergistically and provide an excellent blend for an optimal bacterial micro-environment in the large intestine. Those who have challenges digesting dairy may find the addition of beta-galactosidase enzyme contained helpful. It is a plant digestive enzyme, which helps break down lactose (milk sugar) into glucose and galactose. Those with lactose intolerance do not have enough beta-galactosidase
Can the Bacteria Survive Stomach Acidity? – Some strains of live bacteria cannot survive the stomach acid and are killed off before being able to provide any benefit. Nutri have chosen only the strongest strains that have been rigorously tested, and shown to survive the digestive process – including stomach acidity.
Probiotic Plus is suitable for those with no functional gut issues. Those with any gut health issues would, in most instances benefit greatly from higher dose formulas. The capsule does contain gelatin, but if the capsule is removed is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Lactobacillus or Bifidobacteria have the ability to decrease viral infection by establishing the antiviral state in macrophages, by production of NO and inflammatory cytokines such as interleukin 6 and interferon-gamma.
Probiotic mixtures have been found to be helpful in various immune disturbances including ME/CFS.
BIOMagic™ can be used on a continuous basis or for a short period of time, e.g. when taking antibiotics
Live bacteria cultures:
- Bifidobacterium adolescentis (helps with constipation)
- Bifidobacterium bifidum (suppressed allergic responses and anti-inflammatory)
- Bifidobacterium infantis
- Bifidobacterium longum
- Lactobacillus acidophilus
- Lactobacillus plantarum
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus
Each capsule contains:
- Minimum 750 million live microorganisms per capsule.
- Made in the UK
- Suitable for use alongside antibiotics
- Suitable for travelling
- Gluten free
- No need to refrigerate
- Non-GMO Suitable for vegetarians
- No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
- Can be stored at room temperature without the need for refrigeration
- Total viable count guaranteed to the end of the 2 year shelf life
- Store in a cool dry place – no need to refrigerate.
Directions for use:
- 1 – 2 capsules once or twice daily with food. If taking two or more capsules daily, you may wish to split the dose between two meals.
- BIOMagic™ is a completely safe live bacteria food supplement, has no contraindications and carries no risk of overdose.
- BIOMagic™ live bacteria capsules can be pulled apart and the contents sprinkled on to food, mixed in a drink or swallowed whole.
If you are taking antibiotics:
- Take 2-4 capsules daily, ideally at a different time of the day from the antibiotics.
- Continue taking for at least 2 weeks after completion of the antibiotic course
- 2 weeks before travel follow guidelines for general use.
- During travel take 4 capsules daily.
- Continue to take for at least 2 weeks following the end of travel
- Children under 12 – half adult dose.
Love this probiotic. Settles stomach and I definitely notice when I don’t take it. Great brand and fast delivery.! 🙂
Don’t waste your time and money buying supermarket probiotics drinks or yogurts, this is a brilliant supplement for digestive health without all the dairy and extra unnecessary calories, great product, great value and quality brand!