Without a healthy liver, you cannot thrive, or in many cases, even survive. The body’s second largest organ, your liver carries out numerous functions to boost well-being, many of which are related to digestion, metabolism, immunity, the storage of nutrients within the body, and the big one – detoxification. These functions make the liver a vital organ, necessary for providing energy and nutrition to tissues which would otherwise die.
Keeping your liver healthy is a matter of controlling lifestyle factors and eating well: namely, exercising, establishing a ‘clean’ diet, and reducing exposure to toxins. Though there are many everyday foods you can consume as well as liver cleanse products you can utilise, using herbs to bolster liver health is another way to ensure overall immunity to countless ailments.
You can see why keeping your liver working at optimal levels is so important.
Known toxins to the liver include alcohol, acetaminophen (as in Tylenol), pharmaceutical drugs and even high fructose corn syrup. One study from Duke University found HFCS can actually lead to liver scarring similar to that found in liver disease.
Liver Nurse Herbs to Boost Liver Health
The best herbs for a healthy liver are contained in this incredible tincture to include in your daily routine. Here they are:
- Dandelion Root – Yes, the same yellow flower growing on your lawn can be used to promote liver health. Who knew?!. Dandelion is a super “weed” with a wealth of benefits, boosting liver health being only one. The plant is rich in zinc, iron, and potassium. Young plants are best and consuming dandelion, and the root is what you want. Dig out the root and use small chunks in making a tea or tincture.
- Burdock Root – Used in the same manner as dandelion root, burdock root is a “favorite blood purifier among Ayurvedic” practitioners. It stimulates bile and helps purify the blood.
- Liquorice – Licorice is an excellent detoxifier which can help cleanse the body’s system while simultaneously strengthening the liver and kidneys. Licorice is good for stimulating the digestive system and can also clear out phlegm from the throat and lungs as a result of its expectorant capabilities. Drinking licorice tea has the ability to detoxify metal and chemical contaminations in the system which can pose a threat to the body’s immune system.
- Milk Thistle Seeds – Also known as silymarin, milk thistle is one of the most popular herbal liver solutions. It is used both as a treatment for existing liver problems and as a preventative measure.
- Pau d’Arco Bark – Scientists have identified two active chemicals in pau d’arco called naphthoquinones; they are lapachol and beta-lapachone. These chemicals have the power to kill bacteria, fungi, viruses and parasites. Pau d’arco also helps the body fight candida the natural way. They have also shown anti-inflammatory properties, which are important in treating health conditions such as osteoarthritis. Another powerful element of pau d’arco is selenium, an antioxidant that removes free radicals that damage cells and trigger disease. Selenium is an extremely vital mineral for the human body, some selenium benefits include its ability to increase immunity, take part in antioxidant activity that defends the body against free radical damage and inflammation, and play a key role in boosting your metabolism.
Squirt under the tongue and hold for 2 – 10 mins 3 to 4 times a day for 4 – 6 weeks, then take a break for 1 week, or add the tincture to your herbal teas.
Quality Assurance Declaration
Werone.co endeavors to use the most potent source materials within our formulas. Our herbal extracts are sourced and tested by the only Government-certified large scale producer of crude herb (powder-free) TCM concentrates in Asia who manufacture to GMP / ISO 9001/2000 pharmaceutical grade and also operate an ISO17025/TAF-certified laboratory where they subject all plant extracts to strict quality inspections free from heavy metals, pesticides or microbes before release to the clinics all over the world. The formulas and tinctures are assembled without fillers in small batches by a BHMA member herbal dispensary.
Nutraceutical DisclaimerThese statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration or MHRA and the items are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease nor are they associated, endorsed, affiliated or sponsored by Anthony William, Medical Medium® Joe Tippens, Jane McLelland or Jim Gordon.