Huang Qin Tang (HQT) has been used in China for over 1800 years to reduce diarrhoea, nausea and vomiting by reducing gastrointestinal toxicity.
HQT Is also available in capsule version here.
Huang Qin Tang consists of 4 different ingredients:
1) Chinese Skullcap root ( Scutellaria baicalensis Geori)
2) Chinese Licorice ( Glycyrrhiza uralensis Fisch)
3) Chinese Date tree fruit (Ziziphus jujuba Mill)
4) Chinese peony (Paeonia lactiflora Pall)
Recently, preclinical studies demonstrated that HQT (aka PHY906) also combats Chemotherapy sickness, potentiates the anti-tumor effect of some Chemotherapy drugs and reduces the three major inflammatory pathways in the body showing better results than any other anti-inflammatory drug on the market today. HQT can combat the severe diarrhoea caused by many chemotherapy drugs, which destroy fast-dividing gut cells in addition to tumour cells. ~ Dr. Yung-Chi Cheng (Yale School of Medicine)
Indications: HQT, reduces gastrointestinal toxicity and enhances the anti-tumor effect of some anti-cancer drugs. HQT unblocks an enzyme called topoisomerase, which alters the super-coiled form of a DNA molecule and is important to DNA replication, it is blocked by some chemotherapy drugs and if blocked the gut cells begin to die off.
The Five Active Ingredients:
Scutellaria Liquorice Jujube Peony
Huang Qin Tang is used to treat the following conditions:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Diarrhea and abdominal cramps
- IBS and Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Crohns Disease
- Reduced chemotherapy side effects in colorectal cancer, liver carcinoma, and pancreatic cancer
- has some anticancer and antiviral activity
- used for liver protection
Safety: Generally considered safe. In mice given cancer treatment, 100% of the mice survived when given Huang Qin Tang vs 60% when given the cancer treatment alone. (3)
In chemotherapy patients, intestinal cells die off faster than they can be replaced, resulting in severe gastrointestinal symptoms. When mice were given chemotherapy and Huang Qin Tang, intestinal cells began dividing faster than they were dying off. This was due to an increase in intestinal stem cell activity. (1)
Huang Qin Tang works by:
- increase cell replication in the gut due to increased stem cell activity
- upregulate the wnt pathway (wnt proteins act as stem cell regulators)
- reduce inflammation by reducing iNOS levels (see nitric oxide article)
- Reduce the inflammatory activities of NF-KB and COX2 which are 2 genes involved in the immune response (2)
- decreases neutrophils and macrophages (high levels of macrophages are found in some gastroparesis patients)
- reduce inflammatory cytokines
- reduces chemotherapy induced diarrhoea (6)
“The molecular mechanisms that appear to contribute to PHY906’s pharmacological activity include inhibition of MMP-2, MDR, NFkB, ß-glucuronidase, the NK-1 receptor, and the delta-opioid receptor.” (5)
Hold one squirt under the tongue for 3 – 20 minutes, 5+ times/ day, then gargle with clean warm water and swallow.
1) Chinese Medicine Goes Under the Microscopehttps://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304177104577313821796467932.html
2) How an 1800 year old herbal mix heals the gut
3) The Four-Herb Chinese Medicine PHY906 Reduces Chemotherapy-Induced Gastrointestinal Toxicity
4) Old formula, new Rx: The journey of PHY906 as cancer adjuvant therapy
5) East Meets West in Cancer Treatment: Ancient herbal remedies prove their worth in modern clinical trials
6) Effect of PHY906 on capecitabine (CAP)-induced diarrhea in patients with GI malignancies
7) Chinese Herbal Medicine formulation PHY906 (KD018) as a potential adjunct to radiation therapy
Quality Assurance Declaration
Werone.co endeavors to use the most potent source materials within our formulas. Our herbal extracts are sourced and tested by the only Government-certified large scale producer of crude herb (powder-free) TCM concentrates in Asia who manufacture to GMP / ISO 9001/2000 pharmaceutical grade and also operate an ISO17025/TAF-certified laboratory where they subject all plant extracts to strict quality inspections free from heavy metals, pesticides or microbes before release to the clinics all over the world. The formulas and tinctures are assembled without fillers in small batches by a BHMA member herbal dispensary.
Nutraceutical DisclaimerThese statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration or MHRA and the items are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease nor are they associated, endorsed, affiliated or sponsored by Anthony William, Medical Medium® Joe Tippens, Jane McLelland or Jim Gordon.